Vermicelli kheer (semiya payasam/ seviyan kheer) is one of the classic Indian dessert recipe made with vermicelli, milk and sugar.
This kheer is prepared on any special occasions or any festival days.
Very easy to prepare and very delicious Indian dessert recipe.
Ingredients for vermicelli kheer (seviyan kheer/ semiya payasam):
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vermicelli
- 1/2 cup sugar or to taste
- 10 cashew nuts
- 10 raisins
- a big pinch of cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
Semiya payasam or seviyan kheer preparation:
- Heat a pan with 2 tsp of ghee and roast vermicelli untill they turn into light golden yellow color.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In the same pan add 2 tsp of ghee and add broken cashew nuts and raisins. Roast on low flame till they turn into nice golden yellow color. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Take a heavy bottomed deep pan and heat with milk. Boil the milk for at-least 10-15 mins or till milk becomes little thick (In-between stir well. so that the milk don’t burn at the bottom).
- Add roasted vermicelli to the milk and cook on medium flame till it becomes soft. Keep stirring to prevent it from getting burn.
- Add sugar and stir till sugar dissolves.
- Finally add cardamom powder, roasted cashew nuts and roasted raisins.
- Remove from heat your easy and tasty semiya kheer is ready to serve.
- Serve hot or warm.