Vermicelli halwa (Semiya Kesari/ Semiya Halwa) – How to make Vermicelli Kesari
Vermicelli Halwa is an another quick and easy recipe. Semiya Kesari requires less ghee in preparation and the fragrance of the halwa is liked by everyone at home while it is cooking.
Ingredients for Vermicelli Halwa:
- 1 cup vermicelli
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar or to taste
- a pinch of food color (any color)
- a pinch of cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 8 cashew nuts
- 15 raisins
- 6 almonds, (badam) finely sliced
- 6 pistachios, (pista) finely sliced
Vermicelli Halwa or Semiya Kesari Preparation:
- Take a heavy bottom pan or non stick pan and heat with 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Add cashew nuts, raisins and roast on low flame till they turn into nice golden brown color. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan add vermicelli and toast them on low flame till they turn into nice golden yellow color. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil. While boiling add a pinch of food color and mix well.
- Add roasted vermicelli (Semiya), mix well and cover with a lid. Cook on low flame for 10 mins or till the vermicelli is cooked or the water absorbed completely.
- Add sugar and mix well. The mixture will become liquid again.
- Continue and cook on low flame for further thickness. In-between stir well, so that they don’t burn at the bottom.
- Add cardamom powder and roasted cashew nuts, raisins, finely sliced almonds, pistachios and remaining 1 tbsp ghee and give a good mix.
- Now your easy and tasty vermicelli halwa (Semiya kesari) is ready to serve.