Vegetable cutlet recipe – How to make mixed vegetable cutlet recipe
Mixed vegetable cutlet is a very popular Indian snack recipe. This tasty cutlet is very easy to make and very healthy also. This cutlet is great for kids birthday parties or get together. Kids Love this vegetable cutlet snack.
Ingredients for vegetable cutlet recipe:
- 4 potatoes (cooked & mashed)
- 2 carrots (finely chopped or grated)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped beans
- 1/4 cup fresh green peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 green chilies, finely chopped or to taste
- 1″ ginger, minced
- 1 tsp red chili powder or to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- oil for deep fry or shallow fry
- few coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- bread crumbs as needed
How to make vegetable cutlet recipe:
- Steam cook potatoes, carrots, beans and peas till soft. Drain and Squeeze out all the water using a muslin cloth.
- The important thing to be noted here is, there should not be any moisture in the vegetables. So squeeze out all water from the vegetables.
- Peel the potato and mash and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with 1/2 tbsp oil.
- Add finely chopped green chilies and saute for a min.
- Then add finely chopped onions, minced ginger and saute till they turn into nice golden brown color.
- Add turmeri powder, chili powder, amchur powder and salt. Saute for a min.
- Now add the mashed potatoes and cooked vegetables.
- Saute till the moist is completely lost.
- At this time add coriander leaves and garam masala powder. Give a good mix.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool for sometime.
- Then make a lemon size balls and keep aside.
- Flatten this with your palms into your desired shape.
- Take a bowl and mix cornflour with little quantity of water to make a paste.
- Then dip the prepared cutlet into cornflour paste and gently drop into bread crumbs and see to it that it is well coated with bread crumbs on both the sides. (see below picture)
- Do the same for the remaining mixture and keep aside.
- Heat a deep pan with oil and deep fry or shallow fry the cutlet till they turn golden brown on both sides.
- Remove and drain the oil. Mixed vegetable cutlet is ready to serve.
- Serve hot your easy and tasty vegetable cutlet with sauce or ketchup.