Vazhakkai Chips Recipe (raw banana) – How to make vazhakkai chips
Very simple and tasty homemade chips from raw banana.
Ingredients for vazhakkai chips (raw banana/ green plantain) recipe:
- 2 vazhakkai (raw banana/ green plantain)
- salt to taste
- red chilli powder to taste
- oil for deep frying
How To Make Vazhakkai (raw banana/ green plantain) Chips:
- Peel the skin of the raw banana and immersed in water for some time. Then pat dry the plantain.
- Heat a kadai with oil. The oil should be hot when you are slicing the chips.
- Hold the chips slicer over hot oil and slice the plantain (If you want you can slightly reduce the flame while you are slicing the chips).
- Fry them on medium flame and stir well for even coloring.
- Remove the chips from oil when it is fried completely and the color changes to light brown (the bubbles in the oil stops completely).
- Drain in paper towel and sprinkle salt and chilli powder for each batch and toss well.
- Finally very easy and tasty vazhakkai (raw banana/ green plantain) Chips are ready serve.
- Serve with sambar rice, tea, coffee, etc…