Vada Curry Recipe is a very famous South Indian curry or gravy recipe. Vadacurry is the best side dish for idli, dosa or chapati. This is very easy to make with leftover masala vadais or freshly prepared masala vadas.
Ingredients For Vada Curry Recipe:
- 10 masala vadai
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- 2 green cardamom
- 1″ cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- few curry leaves
- few coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
How To Make Vada Curry Recipe:
- Roughly crush the masala vadais and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add green cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
- When they start to crackle add mustard seeds and fennel seeds. When they start to pop add sliced onions and curry leaves. Saute on medium flame until they turn into nice golden yellow color.
- Add chopped tomatoes and required salt. Saute on medium flame until they turn mushy. Add ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw smell disappears or the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and saute for few seconds.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil. Then add roughly crushed masala vadas and mix well. Mash the vada pieces with the help of a laddle and cover with a lid and cook on medium low flame for 10-12 mins. At this time the gravy must be thickened. Usually vadacurry looks like a semi liquid gravy. So if you want you can add little water and check the salt. Add chopped coriander leaves and cook for further 3-5 mins and turn off the flame.
- Now your tasty and lip smacking vada curry is ready to serve. Serve hot with idli, dosa or chapati.