Tomato Egg Curry Recipe – How To Make Simple Onion Tomato Egg Gravy? This is a very simple and tasty egg curry. This goes well with rice, roti or parata.
Ingredients For Tomato Egg Curry Recipe:
- 4 boiled eggs
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 8-10 garlic flakes
- 2 green chilies, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- few curry leaves
- few coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
How To Make Simple Onion Tomato Egg Curry Recipe:
- Boil eggs, when cooled remove the shell and make slits along the length of each egg and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds. When they start to crackle add onions, green chilies, curry leaves and garlic flakes.
- Cook on high heat until they turn into translucent. Add chopped tomatoes and required salt. Mix well and cover with a lid and cook on medium flame until they turn into mushy.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw smell disappears or the oil separates from the mixture. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and saute for few seconds.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil. Add boiled eggs and cook on medium low flame for 10-12 mins or until you get the desired consistency. Finally check the taste and add coriander leaves and mix well.