Papaya halwa (Pappali halwa/ boppayi halwa)
Papaya Halwa Recipe – How to make papaya halwa or pappaya halwa, halwa recipe for festivals like Navratri (Dusshera), Diwali, etc…
- 2 cups papaya (grated)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar or to tast
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 4 cashew nuts
- 5 Almonds
- 5 pista
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- a pinch of yellow food color
Pappaya halwa preparation:
- Peel the skin, remove the seeds and grate the papaya.
- Roast cashew nuts, almonds and pista in 2 tsp of ghee till they turn into light golden yellow color.
- Allow it to cool then slice them into small pieces.
- Now take a heavy bottomed pan and heat with 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Add the grated pappaya and saute on low flame till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add milk and mix well.
- Cook on low flame till the papaya become tender.
- Once the halwa starts to thickening stir continuously for 2-5 mins.
- At this point add sugar food color.
- Combine well and cook for further thickness.
- Add the remaining ghee and stir well.
- Cook on low flame till the ghee separates form the mixture.
- Finally add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with toasted cashew nuts, almonds and pista.
- Now your easy and tasty papaya(pappali) halwa is ready to serve.
- Serve warm or cold. It tastes good both warm or cold.