Prawn Biryani Recipe – How to make Indian prawn biryani recipe
Very easy and tasty Indian Biryani Recipe
Ingredients for prawn biryani:
- 500g prawns (cleaned and washed)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1″ cinnamon stick
- 1 star aniseed
- 10 cashewnuts
- 1 onion (medium size, sliced)
- 1 tomato (medium size, finely chopped)
- 5 green chillies or to taste
- 2″ ginger root
- 5 garlic flakes
- a pinch saffron (optional)
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 3¼ cup water
- ¼ cup coriander leaves (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup mint leaves (roughly chopped)
- Clean and wash the prawns and drain all the water and keep aside.
- Make a paste with ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Clean and wash the rice with plenty of water and keep aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker with ghee.
- Add cardamon, cinnamon, star aniseed, cashew nuts and saut’e for few seconds.
- Add sliced onions and saut’e for 2-3 mins.
- Add ginger garlic paste, chopped tomatoes, prawns and salt.
- Saut’e till the raw smell disappears.
- Add basmati rice and combine well.
- Add coconut milk,water and chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Adjust salt and close the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook for one whistle. Then reduce the flame to low and cook for further 10 mins.
- After 10 mins switch off the stove and allow to cool.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve your easy and tasty Indian prawn biriyani with raita, chicken, etc…