Potato Double Beans Curry Recipe – How to make potato double beans/ aloo lima beans masala recipe
This aloo double beans curry is easy to make and very healthy recipe.
Potato double beans curry goes well with plain white rice, roti, parata, etc…
Ingredients for potato double beans curry:
- 3 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup double beans (lima beans)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2″ fresh ginger root
- 5 garlic flakes
- 4 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp chili powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- few coriander leaves for garnishing
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
How to make potato double beans curry or aloo lima beans masala:
- Wash and pressure cook potatoes and double beans separately (because 1 whistle is enough for double beans) and peel the potatoes skin and keep aside .
- Make a paste with ginger, garlic and coconut with little amount water and keep aside.
- Take a pan and heat with oil. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When they start to pop add chopped onions and saute till they turn into nice golden brown color.
- Add chopped tomatoes and required quantity of salt and saute till they turn into juicy.
- Add ginger garlic coconut paste and saute till the raw smell disappears or the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and saute for few seconds.
- Now add cooked, peeled potato cubes and cooked double beans (lima beans) and mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup of water and once again stir well and check the salt.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium low flame for 10-15 mins. In-between stir well so that they don’t burn at the bottom.
- Add garam masala powder and cook for further 3-5 mins or your desired consistency.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with ghee rice, jeera rice, plan white rice, roti, parata, etc…