Pepper Chicken Dry Recipe – This is a very tasty and bit spicy chicken recipe. This Dry Pepper Chicken made with simple and basic ingredients. This pepper chicken goes well with steamed white rice, sambar rice or roti.
Ingredients For Pepper Chicken Dry:
- 1 kg chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium size tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp red chili powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder (optional)
- 1 /2 tsp cumin seeds
- few curry leaves
- few coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
How To Make Pepper Chicken Dry Recipe:
- Clean, cut and wash the chicken pieces and keep aside.
- Roughly crush the peppercorns and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai with oil and add cumin seeds. When they start to pop add onions and curry leaves. Saute them on medium flame until they turn into golden brown color (If you saute onions until golden brown, then they disappear in the gravy).
- Add chopped tomatoes and required salt. Mix well and saute until they turn mushy. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder. Give a good mix and saute for few seconds.
- Add washed and drained chicken pieces and mix well with masala. Cover with a lid and cook on medium low flame for 25-30 mins or until the chicken pieces become tender and juicy. In-between stir well, so that they don’t burn at the bottom. Lot of moisture oozes out and the chicken gets cooked with that moisture. If you feel there in not enough moisture, then add very little water to cook.
- Now remove the lid and cook on medium flame and let the masala gets dry.
- Add freshly ground peppercorns and toss well and cook for further 2-4 mins and check the salt. Finally squeeze the lemon juice and add roughly chopped coriander leaves and give a good mix. Turn off the stove and serve hot with steamed white rice, sambar or roti.