Onion pakoda recipe or onion pakora recipe – How to make onion pakora recipe
Onion pakoda (vengaya pakoda/ ulli pakoda) is a very popular and tasty snack or street food in India.
Onion pakora recipe is easy to make at home.
Ingredients for onion pakoda recipe:
- 1 1/4 cup gram flour (kadalai mavu/ besan flour)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2-3 onion, roughly sliced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or to taste
- 3-4 green chilies or to taste, finely chopped
- few curry leaves, roughly chopped
- handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
How to make onion pakoda:
- Roughly slice the onions. Clean, wash and roughly chop the curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Take a wide bowl and besan flour, rice flour, salt and mix well.
- Add roughly sliced onions, curry leaves, coriander leaves, finely chopped green chilies, chili powder to the besan and rice flour and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp of hot oil to the pakoda mixture and once again mix well.
- Adding hot oil gives crispy texture to the pakodas.
- Sprinkle very little water and mix well to form a dry mixture and check the salt.
- Heat a kadai with enough oil to deep fry.
- When the oil is hot, sprinkle the onion pakoda mixture and deep fry.
- Deep fry on medium low flame till they turn into nice golden brown color.
- Remove from hot oil and place them on kitchen paper towel.
- Now your easy and tasty snack onion pakoda is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with coffee or tea.