Nadan chicken curry Recipe/ nadan kozhi curry recipe – How to make nadan chicken curry
Nadan kozhi curry/ nadan chicken curry is one of the mouthwatering recipe from kerala.
This chicken curry goes well with rice, kerala parotta, appam, dosai, idly, etc..
Ingredients for Nadan Chicken Curry:
- 1 kg chicken
- 2 tsp chili powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1″ cinnamon/ pattai
- 2 cardamom/ elakkai
- 4 clove/ krambu
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
Nadan Chicken Curry Ingredients:
- 2 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili or to taste
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- few curry leaves
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or any other cooking oil
How To Make Naadan Chicken Curry (Naadan kozhi curry) Recipe:
- Clean, cut the chicken into bite size pieces and wash and drain the water completely.
- Take a wide bowl marinate the chicken pieces with marinate ingredients for at-least 30 mins.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the paste ingredients (except coconut). Allow it to cool for sometime.
- Then paste the dry roasted ingredients along with coconut and little water.
- Heat a deep kadai and heat with coconut oil. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When they start to pop add curry leaves and finely sliced onions.
- Saute till they turn into light golden yellow color.
- Add green chili and chopped tomatoes and saute till they turn into juicy.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears or oil separates from the mixture.
- Add marinated chicken and mix well. Saute for 2 mins.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and once again mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium low flame for 15-20 mins. In-between stir well so that the chicken masala don’t burn at the bottom.
- After 20 mins check the salt and cook till chicken pieces become tender.
- Add ground coconut paste and mix well.
- Cook on low flame for further 5-10 mins. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- Now your tasty Kerala nadan chicken curry (nadan kozhi curry) is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with plain white rice, kerala parotta, appam, roti, etc…