Mutton Chops Masala Recipe – South Indian style goat masala. This goat chops cooked in a masala style (thick gravy and mouth watering goat recipe) with oions, tomatoes, fresh pappercorns, ginger, garlic and embedded in the masalas and goat pieces. This is a dry dish and goes well with sambar rice, rasam, roti or parata.
Ingredients For Mutton Chops Masala Recipe (Goat Masala Recipe):
- 500 g mutton chops
- 1 big onion, finely sliced or chopped
- 1 medium size tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh yogurt (curd)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- few curry leaves
- few coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 2″ fresh ginger root (peel and cut into pieces)
- 6 garlic flakes
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 green chilli
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green cardamon
- 2 cloves
- 1″ cinnamon stick
How To Make Mutton Chops Masala Recipe (Goat Masala Recipe):
- Clean, wash the goat chops pieces and drain all the water. Add mutton chops, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and little water to the pressure cooker. Pressure cook the chops until soft and tender.
- Make a paste with paste ingredients and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add seasoning ingredients. When they start to pop add sliced or chopped onions and curry leaves.
- Saute on medium flame until they turn into nice golden brown color. Add ground paste and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomatoes and required salt and mix well. Cook until the tomatoes become mushy. Add well beaten yogurt (curd) and cook for 3-5 mins or the oil separates from the mixture.
- Now add pressure cooked mutton chops pieces with water and mix well. Cook on low flame until the water completely evaporates. In-between stir gently without breaking the goat chops pieces, so that they don’t burn at the bottom.
- Finally add garam masala powder and give a good mix. Cook for further 1 or 2 mins and check the salt. Add coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off the stove and cover with a lid and rest the chops masala for 5-10 mins.
- Now your easy and lip smacking Mutton Chops Masala is ready to serve. Serve warm with sambar rice, roti or parata.