Mutta bajji recipe – How to make mutta bajji (egg bajji)
Mutta bajji or mutta bonda is one of the popular Indian tea time snack recipe.
Ingredients for mutta bajji (egg bajji/ kodi guddu bajji) recipe:
- 4 boiled eggs
- 1 cup gram flour (besan flour/ kadalai maavu/ senagapindi)
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp red chili powder or to taste
- 2 garlic flakes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- a pinch of baking soda
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
How to make mutta bajji (egg bajji):
- Boil the eggs. When cooled, remove the shell and cut the eggs vertically into two pieces using a knife.
- While cutting, be careful that eggs do not break.
- Make a paste with red chili powder and garlic.
- Take a wide bowl and add gram flour, rice flour, baking soda, chili garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt and add required quantity of water and make a smooth batter.
- The batter should not be too thick nor too thin. The batter should have a consistency similar to that of idli batter.
- Check salt and once again mix well.
- Heat a deep pan with oil. When the oil is hot dip each of the egg pieces into the batter and slowly drop in oil.
- Deep fry on medium flame till they turn into nice golden brown color on both sides.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato sauce.