Moong dal tadka recipe, How to make moong dal tadka or Pesalu pappu recipe
Easy and tasty Indian dal recipe.
Ingredients for moong dal tadka recipe:
- 1 cup moong dhal (pesalu pappu or pasi paruppu)
- 1 onion (sliced or chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 red chilli
- few curry leaves
- Clean and wash the dal.
- Cook the daal with chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and required amount of water, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook on low flame till the dal become tender. In between stir well.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds.
- When they start to pop add fennel seeds, curry leaves and red chilli.
- Saute for few seconds and pour on the top of the dal.
- Mix well and finelly adjust salt.
- Now your easy and tasty Indian moong dal tadka recipe is ready to serve.
- Serve hot or warm dal tadka (pesara pappu or pasi paruppu) with rice, roti, chappathi, etc…