Masala vadai kuzhambu (Masala vadai pulusu) is very easy to make and tastes really good. We can made this kuzhambu with leftover Masala Vadai or freshly prepared Masala Vada. This gravy goes well with steamed rice, roti or parata.
Ingredients For Masala Vadai Kuzhambu:
- 10 masala vadai
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium size tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- small lemon size tamarind
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- few curry leaves
- few coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
How To Make Masala Vadai Kuzhambu Or Masala Vada Gravy:
- Make Masala Vadai and keep saide.
- Make a paste with shredded coconut.
- Wash and soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice from it and discard the pulp.
- Heat a kadai with oil and add mustard seeds. When they start to pop add onions and curry leaves. Saute them on medium flame until they turn into nice golden brown color.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt. Stir well and cook until tomatoes become juicy and mushy.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Saute for few seconds. Add coconut paste and cook on medium low flame until raw smell disappears or oil separates from the mixture.
- Add tamarind juice and check the taste. Adjust tamarind juice and salt according to your taste.
- Bring it to boil and cook the gravy until your desired consistency. Add cooked masala vadai, finely chopped coriander leaves and cook for further 3-5 mins on low flame. After adding masala vadai don’t cook more than 5 mins.
- Switch off the stove and close the kadai with a lid. Let the masala vadais soak well for atleast 30 mins and absord the gravy flavour before serving.
- Serve hot or warm with steamed rice, roti or parata.