Kodi Guddu Pulusu is a typical Andhra Gravy where boiled eggs are cooked in onion tomato and tamarid gravy. This pulusu (gravy) goes well with steamed rice, dosa or idli.
Ingredients For Kodi Guddu Pulusu:
- 6 boiled eggs, make slits along the length of each egg
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 10 garlic flakes
- big lemon size tamarind
- 2 tsp red chili powder or to taste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- few curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
How To Cook Kodi Guddu Pulusu Or Tamarind Egg Gravy Recipe:
- Wash and soak the tamarind in water and extract the juice from it and discard the pulp.
- Heat a kadai with oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. When they start to pop add chopped onions and curry leaves. Saute on medium flame until they turn into nice golden brown color.
- Add chopped tomatoes, garlic flakes and salt. Stir well and cook on medium low flame until tomatoes become juicy and mushy.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Saute for few seconds and add tamarind juice and check the taste. If required add water. Adjust tamarind juice and salt according to your taste.
- Bring it to boil and add eggs. Cook the tamarind gravy on low flame for 10-15 mins or until you get the desired gravy consistency.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves and give a good mix. Switch off the stove and serve hot or warm with steamed rice, dosa or idli.