Kerala egg curry with coconut milk – How to make Kerala egg curry recipe
Coconut milk flavored light yellow colored delicious egg curry is easy to make and goes well with Appam, Idiyappam and Puttu. Kids love this egg currry.
Ingredients for Kerala Egg Curry With Coconut Milk Recipe:
- 4 boiled eggs
- 1 big onion, finely sliced or chopped
- 1 medium size tomato, finely chopped
- 1″ ginger root, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 cup thin coconut milk
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 string curry leaves
- few coriander leaves for garnishing (optional)
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- salt to taste
How to make Kerala Egg Curry:
- Boil eggs, when cooled remove the shell and keep aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they start to pop add finely chopped onions, ginger, green chilies and curry leaves.
- Saute on medium flame till they turn translucent.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Stir well and cook for few seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes,required salt and stir well. Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame till the tomatoes become tender.
- Add thin coconut milk and mix well. Cook on low flame for 8-10 mins. In-between stir well.
- Add eggs and cook for further 2-4 mins. Then add garam masala powder and once again stir well.
- Finally add thick coconut milk and allow it to boil in a low flame. Stirring continuously till the gravy thickens.
- Check the salt and remove from stove top. Sprinkle few drops of coconut oil and garnish with coriander leaves. Close the pan for few mins before serving.
- Serve hot or warm with rice, roti, appam, puttu or idiyappam.