Gobi matar masal recipe – How to make gobi matar masala recipe
Gobi matar masala (cauliflower peas masala) is a delicious north Indian onion – tomato based curry recipe.
This cauliflower peas masala recipe goes well with roti, parata, phulka, kulcha, etc…
This semi dry gobi matar masala recipe is easy to make and very delicious also.
Ingredients for gobi matar masala recipe:
- 1 medium size cauliflower (gobi)
- 1 cup peas (fresh or dry)
- 2 medium size onion
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 11/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds (optional)
- few coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
How To Make Gobi Matar Masala (cauliflower peas curry) Recipe:
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and put them into hot water.
- Cook peas with little amount of salt till soft and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add cumin and mustard seeds.
- When they start to pop add chopped onion with little quantity of salt and saute till the onion become nice golden brown color.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes ans stir well. Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame till the tomato becomes juicy.
- In-between stir well so that they don’t burn.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears or the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and saute for few seconds.
- Add cauliflower florets and cooked peas and stir well. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well and check the salt.
- Now cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium flame for 10-15 mins or your desired consistancy.
- Add garam masala powder and cook for further 2-3 mims.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves. Remove from heat transfer and into serving bowl.
- Now your simple and delicious gobi matar masala (cauliflower peas masala) is ready to serve.
- Serve hot or warm with roti, parata, phulka, naan, etc…