Ingredients For Dosa Batter Recipe:
- 4 cups idli rice
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- requird salt
- required water
How To Make Dosa Batter:
- Wash the idli rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds several times and soak them in enough water for 4-6 hours.
- soaking urad dal and Idli rice separately and grinding them separately is a bit lengthy process. So i started the easy method of soaking idli rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds together and grind them smoothly.
- After 6 hrs add the soaked urad dal and idli rice mixture along with water into the wet grinder. Grind this into a smooth batter. If required add little water In-between.
- The consistency of the batter after grinding should not be too thick nor too thin. Transfer the batter into the container and add required salt and mix it nicely with your hands.
- Keep the container in a dark and warm place. Allow it to ferment for overnight or atleast 6-8 hrs.
- The fermentation time depends on the outside temperature as if it is very hot you get it fermented soon, whereas in rainy season this will take some extra time.
- Next day morning mix the fermented batter with spatula.
How To Make Crispy Plain Dosa Recipe:
- Mix the fluffed batter gently with little amount of water to make a slightly thin batter.
- Now heat the pan (tawa) and spread a ladle full of batter into circular motion to make thin dosa. Sprinkle cooking oil or ghee.
- Cook both sides until turn golden brown. Serve hot with mint chutney, coconut chutney, curry leaf powder or sambar.