Chicken pakora recipe – How to make chicken pakora recipe?
Chicken pakora is made with corn flour, chilli powder, chat masala, etc…
Easy to make and kids love this yummy and tasty chicken pakora snack.
Ingredients for chicken pakora recipe:
- 500g boneless chicken (cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder or to taste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder (optional)
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- pinch of red food color
Chicken pakora (chicken pakoda or chicken pakodi) preparation:
- Wash the chicken pieces and drain all the water completely.
- Take a wide bowl and add chicken pieces, required quantity of salt, lemon juice and pepper powder and mix well.
- Then add chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, chat masala, ginger garlic paste, food color and corn flour.
- Just sprinkle some water and mix it well. You are aiming for a thick batter, which sticks to the chicken, but does not drip off when lifted from the bowl.
- Set aside for minimum 2 hrs in fridge or set aside for overnight in the fridge.
- If the chicken has been refrigerated, let it rest for couple of hrs.at room temperature before deep fry.
- Heat a deep pan with oil. Mix chicken mixture once again and gently drop the boneless chicken pieces in hot oil.
- Deep fry the pakora’s on medium heat till they turn into nice red color.
- Remove chicken pakoda’s from hot oil and place it on kitchen paper towel, so that it absorbs excess oil.
- Serve hot or warm with tomato sauce or sweet chilli sauce.