Chicken curry with coconut milk recipe – How to make chicken curry with coconut milk
Ingredients for chicken curry with coconut milk recipe:
- 1 kg chicken
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 3/4 cup thick coconut milk
- 1″ cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (optional)
- finely chopped coriander leaves garnishing
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2″ fresh ginger root
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp peppercorns
How to make Coconut milk chicken curry recipe:
- Clean, wash and cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Make a paste with ginger garlic and peppercorns and keep aside.
- Take a pan and heat with oil. Add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- When they start to crackle add finely chopped onions, green chilies, salt and saute till they turn into nice golden brown color.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and saute till they turn into soft and juicy.
- Add ginger garlic peppercorns paste and saute till the raw smell disappears or the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Saute for a min.
- Add washed chicken pieces and mix well. Cook the chicken pieces on medium high flame for 8-10 mins. In-between stir well.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame for 15 mins or till the chicken pieces become tender.
- Add coconut milk, garam masala powder and stir well. Cook on medium flame for further 5-8 mins or your desired consistency (In-between stir well).
- Check the salt and once again mix gently. Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Now your tasty chicken curry with coconut milk is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with ghee rice, tomato rice or rotis.