Carrot halwa recipe – How to mahe carrot halwa or gajar ka halwa recipe?
Carrot halwa is one of the most popular and classic Indian dessert recipe. Mostly this halwa is made in festival occasions like diwali, holi, dussehra, etc…
Ingredients for carrot halwa:
- 1/2 kg carrots
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar or to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- big pinch of cardamom powder
- 5 cashewnuts
- 5 badam (optional)
- 5 pista (optional)
Carrot halwa or gajar ki halwa preparation:
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of ghee and add cashewnuts, almonds, pista and roast till they turn into golden yellow color keep aside.
- Add the remaining ghee in the same pan and heat.
- Put the grated carrot and saute on low flame till the raw smell disappears.
- Add milk and cook on low flame for 10-15 mins. In between stir well.
- Once it’s starts thickening add sugar and mix well.
- Cook on low flame for further thickness.
- Add cardamom powder and stir continuously till the ghee separates from the mixture.
- Finally garnish with roasted nuts and remove from flame.
- Carrot halwa or gajar ka halwa is ready to serve.
- Serve hot or cold.