Bombay Karachi halwa Recipe – How to make Bombay Karachi hlawa recipe
Corn flour halwa also known as Bombay Karachi halwa, is very famous Indian dessert (halwa) recipe. Most of the halwa recipes are bit difficult. But this Bombay Karachi halwa is very easy to make and taste really good.
Ingredients for Bombay Karachi Halwa:
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar or to taste
- a pinch of food color
- a pinch of cardamom powder
- 2 1/2 cups water
- few cashew nuts for garnishing
- 5 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
How to make Bombay Karachi halwa recipe:
- Take a bowl and add corn flour and 1 1/2 cup water. Mix well to have a smooth batter without any lumps.
- Take a plate and grease with some ghee and keep aside.
- Heat a non stick pan with sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Keep stirring on medium low flame till the sugar syrup becomes little thick and sticky (For this halwa thread consistency is not required).
- Add your choice of food color and cardamom powder and stir well.
- Now slowly pour corn flour batter and keep stirring.
- Keep stirring till the mixture turns into glossy and shiny.
- Then add little by little ghee to the mixture and keep stirring till the whole ghee absorbs and the mixture comes to a halwa consistency.
- Keep stirring till the halwa mixture looks very transparent and the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan or ghee oozes from the mixture.
- At this point take little halwa mixture with spoon, allow it to cool and roll like a ball.
- If you are able to form ball out of this mixture, then this is the right stage to remove the halwa from heat.
- Just before remove from the flame add broken and roasted nut and mix well.
- Remove from flame and pour the halwa to greased plate and garnish with cashew nuts.
- Allow it tool cool for at-least 30-45 mins. Then cut into rectangle shape or your desired shape.
- Now your easy and yummy Bombay Karachi halwa is ready to eat.