Beetroot halwa is one of the easiest and tastiest Indian sweet and dessert recipe. This yummy dish you can make for festivals like Navratri (Dusshera), Diwali or any other occasions.
Ingredients for Beetroot Halwa Recipe:
- 1/2 kg beetroot
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar or to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- big pinch of cardamom powder
- 5 cashewnuts
- 5 almonds (badam) (optional)
- 5 pistachios (pista) (optional)
Beetroot Halwa (chukandar ka halwa) preparation:
- Wash, peel and grate the beetroots.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of ghee and add cashewnuts and roast till they turn into golden yellow color keep aside.
- Finely slice the almonds (badam) and pistachios (pista) and keep aside.
- Add the remaining ghee in the same pan and heat.
- Put the grated beetroot and saute on low flame till the raw smell disappears.
- Add milk and cook on low flame for 10-15 mins. In between stir well.
- Once it’s starts thickening add sugar and mix well. The mixture will become liquid again.
- Continue and cook on low flame for further thickness.
- Add cardamom powder and stir continuously till the ghee separates from the mixture.
- Finally garnish with roasted nuts and remove from flame.
- Beetroot halwa or chukandar ka halwa is ready to serve.
- Serve hot or cold.