Aloo chana curry Recipe – How to make aloo chana curry
Aloo channa (potato chickpeas curry) curry is very easy and delicious Indian vegetarian curry recipe.
This gravy goes well with plain white rice, ghee rice, jeera rice, roti, paratha, etc…
Ingredients For aloo chana (potato chickpeas) curry:
- 3 potatos
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup curd/ yogurt
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cardamom/ green elachi
- 2 cloves/ lavang
- 1″ cinnamon stick/ daalcheenee
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (optional)
- few curry leaves (optional)
- few coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
Potato chickpeas gravy preparation:
- Soak the chickpeas for over night and pressure cook till soft and keep aside.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 2″ cubes and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add cardamon, cinnamon,cloves and mustard seeds.
- When they start to pop add curry leaves, chopped onions and saute till they become transparent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and required quantity of salt and mix well.
- Saute till the tomatoes become juicy.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears or till the oil separates from the mixture.
- Now add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Now add well beaten yogurt and mix immediately.
- Saute for 3-5 mins or oil separates from the mixture.
- Then add cubed potatoes and cooked chickpeas.
- Mix well and add a cup of water and cover with a lid.
- Cook on low flame for 10-15 mins or the potatoes become tender.
- Finally adjust salt and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Now your easy and tasty potato chickpeas korma is ready to serve.
- Serve hot or warm with rice, ghee rice, jeera rice, roti, paratha, etc…